SAP Projects, Enhancements and Implementations
At Eurosoft, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver quality SAP projects that meet the needs of our customers.
In line with the core values at Eurosoft Solutions, our project management philosophies are:
- To work in a collaboration with our customers to achieve a common goal
- To ensure the rigours of project management are applied in a pragmatic way to suit the culture, maturity and resource availability of the client
- To use our considerable previous experience to help our customers maximise the benefits and minimise the risks associated with any project
We offer a full suite of SAP project and implementation services including:
- Programme and Project Management
- Basis (system sizing, set-up and maintenance)
- Applications Consulting (Functional Design and Build across all the SAP functional areas) including:
- SAP ECC (FI/CO, PS, MM, WM, PP, SD, CS, QM, SM, PM, HR and Payroll)
- SAP BW/ Business Objects
- SAP Portal
- Development services (ABAP, XI and Java)
- Data Migration
- Organisational Change Management
- Quality Assurance
In our experience, there are a number of critical success factors that determine the success of a SAP project. These include:
- Consultant Knowledge and Experience - The key to any SAP implementation is to use people who really know what they are doing. All of our consultants have extensive SAP experience (they average 13 years SAP experience and have all been through multiple project lifecycles). They also have real business experience, which allows them to develop solutions that are both pragmatic and effective.
- Business Buy-in and Ownership - This is crucial as it is a key determinant of how the new SAP solution is adopted and perceived by the business. Our experienced project managers work with the customer project teams to ensure appropriate governance of the project and resourcing by the business. We also promote active organisational change management in our project approach.
- Agreed Business Blueprint – No project will be considered if it doesn’t deliver the expected result. The key to this is all parties have the same view of the expected result. The business design / blueprint phase is crucial as it explains and clarifies the functional deliverables of the project. At the end of this phase we aim to have demonstrated and explained to a sufficient level of detail to allow our customers to fully sign up to what the project will deliver.
- Management of Scope - Control of the scope of a SAP project is a major factor in whether the SAP implementation meets its objectives, budgets and timescales. Simply put, if the scope of a project changes all the time, project costs and timescales will increase dramatically. The key to controlling scope is to get it right at the beginning of the project and then to stick to that scope. Our consultants all have experience of determining project scope – which is often a tricky exercise – helping the customer project team to decide what is really necessary for their business, rather than what would be nice to have. Of course, things do change during the lifecycle of any project; however, we mitigate the risks associated with scope change by managing it effectively. Our project managers work with customer management teams to ensure that the change control process is both rigorous and effective, and that the impact of any change is understood.
- Use of SAP Best Practice Processes - SAP software products are extremely functionally rich and are very flexible in the ways in which they can be configured, allowing then to be customised to meet the needs of most businesses. SAP also provides guidelines as to the best practice processes for a variety of industries. At Eurosoft Solutions, we endeavour to use standard functionality and these best practice processes wherever possible, avoiding the need (and expense) of developing custom code. This has major benefits in terms of the efficiency of operation of the SAP solution and also in terms of cost of ownership (the amount of custom development is a major factor in the cost of such things as software upgrades). There will, however, be occasions when custom development is required. Our consultants have the necessary experience to ensure that this development works effectively and performs well.
- A Focus on Integration - SAP solutions are designed to be fully integrated, however, any SAP implementation needs to focus on integration in order to gain these benefits and to produce a solution that “hangs together”. We ensure that we focus on integration from the first day of the project by assigning responsibility for integration to one of our senior consultants and then by designing end-to-end (cross functional) processes. This focus is carried on throughout the project into testing and delivery. The majority of our consultants know more than one SAP functional area/module in depth, giving a better understanding of SAP integration and producing better quality results for our customers.
- Use of Appropriate Methodologies - In order to deliver quality projects, appropriate methodologies need to be used. We use the industry best-practice methodologies for SAP project delivery: SAP’s own ASAP implementation methodology
Putting these elements into practice has given us an enviable record of delivering quality projects for our customers.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.